2 July, 2017
THE SALESIAN IDENTITY
-Ms. Griselda Fernandes & Ms. Anita Philip
The Supervisors, head teachers and co-ordinators from various academic and technical institutions of Mumbai Province attended a three day seminar on “Salesian Identity” from 28th to 30th June 2017 at Don Bosco Provincial House, Matunga, Mumbai organized by the Salesians of Don Bosco.
We ( Mrs.Anita Philip and Mrs.Griselda Fernandes ) were enriched by various eminent resource personnel giving us an insight on various spheres of Don Bosco’s system of education. The seminar emphasized, that we as educators need to follow Don Bosco’s
- vision and inculcate his qualities ,attitudes, aims and objectives.
- style or pedagogy and not merely by just a brand name but Don Bosco as a model on whom we shape our lives, an educator from whom we draw inspiration.
“Remember, knowledge without morals leads to ruin.” Don Bosco
We were also encouraged to instill the four dimensions for integrated growth .
- School- Intelligence Quotient
- Home- Emotional Quotient
- Playground – Physical Quotient
- Value Education/Church- Spiritual Quotient
An educator’s presence can make a difference in a child’s life. We were encouraged to motivate salesian youth movement in Don Bosco schools
- to help the youth find purpose in their life.
- to do ordinary things in an extraordinary way.
- to help them connect to their faith.
- to be joyful and optimistic in life.
Through various games, songs, case studies and physical activities conducted, we were helped to connect, understand and solve the practical problems we face in school and teach joyfully. Using these skill, as educators we will strive to accomplish the dream,the vision of Don Bosco in our institute and bring about a holistic development in a child.