16 July, 2018
NCSC Science Resource Teachers training
-Ms. Anita Philip
Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India organizes National Children Science Congress (NCSC) every year in our country. It is a unique type of scientific activity where the students between the age group of 10 to 17 years take part to perform the research work on a given topic.
The focal theme for this year is:
Science, Technology and Innovation for a Clean, Green and Healthy Nation.
The sub-themes are:
1. Ecosystem and Ecosystem Services.
2. Health, Hygiene and Sanitation.
3. Waste to Wealth.
4. Society, Culture and Livelihoods.
5. Traditional knowledge Systems.
The guest speakers for the two days training session on 9 and 10 July were Dr Sharma, Principal VazeCollege, Dr Manoj Kumar Devne, Asst. Professor, Dr Bharve a scientist, Ms. Nilima M, Asst.Professor. All gave us valuable inputs to help understand the sub themes well and also provided tips on how to encourage students come up with good innovative projects this academic year.
The schedule for the coming ward level training was also shared with us in order to prepare and conduct the workshops effectively.
• 14 July 2018: Ward level teachers training workshop for all 6 wards of North Mumbai, at Udayachal High School, Vikhroli East.
• 24 July 2018: Ward level teachers training workshop for all 6 wards of West Mumbai, at Pradnya Bodhini High School, Goregaon East.
• 28 July 2018: Ward level teachers training workshop for all 6 wards of South Mumbai, at Anjuman Islam girl’s school, CSMT.